Fathom Holdings (Fathom Realty) is a cloud-based, technology-driven, full-service real estate brokerage that is dedicated to providing our agents with the industry’s best commission splits, technology, training, and the highest level of support. Our team of over 4,000 agents enjoy a higher net income through Fathom’s flat-fee based commission splits, allowing them to invest more money into growing their business. Our corporate employee staff of 20 is growing quickly. Most of our employees are based in Cary, NC. Check out the web site to learn about Fathom: https://www.fathomrealty.com/company/.
Fathom will hire a Vice President of Human Resources to take us to the next level. This position will reside in Cary, NC, and report to the company President. We are looking for an experienced professional who thrives working in a fast-paced and high-growth environment and is adept at managing change and building infrastructure. Characteristics that we seek include: collaborative, open-minded, even-keeled, confident, outgoing, organized, independent, strong, and compassionate. If these characteristics along with the details outlined on the job description are a great fit for your next career move, please submit a cover letter and resume to Suzy Nisbet (Strategic HR Solutions) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct all aspects of Human Resources (HR). Manage and grow HR staff as the company grows. Partner with management to ensure that the company hires, develops, retains, and maximizes the contributions of the workforce while balancing the needs of the organization with the interests of employees and independent contractors. Design and implement innovative and cost-effective talent management initiatives and serve as an internal consultant to managers on workforce planning, performance management, process improvements, and change management initiatives. Originate and lead HR practices and objectives that provide an employee and agent-oriented, high performance company culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and goal attainment. Incorporate diversity and inclusion throughout the company and foster a culture of embracing it.
Location: Cary, NC
Reports to President/Chief Financial Officer
1. Develop HR infrastructure to meet current and future company needs based on projected growth, ensuring that HR objectives are aligned with organizational objectives.
2. Support management by providing HR advice, counsel, and decisions. Mentor managers and District Directors and assist them in performance management and goal setting. Provide coaching and counseling and facilitate conflict resolution. Maintain and manage the performance management process.
3. Regularly update the Employee Handbook to ensure that is appropriately aligned with the company’s mission, vision, and values.
4. Ensure that policies and practices are consistent with industry standards, compliant with federal/state/local laws, and adhere to the highest levels of ethical conduct.
5. Work with managers to ensure current job descriptions for each job, ensuring proper FLSA classification and ability to effectively benchmark jobs.
6. Create strategic recruitment, selection, and retention plans for both employees and independent contractors. Manage talent acquisition and development through effective recruitment, selection, background verifications, and hiring processes. Develop and manage onboarding process of new hires (local and remote) to ensure early individual success. Provide training opportunities to ensure that knowledge and skills are cutting edge.
7. Effectively manage the employee separation and off-boarding process when necessary, including risk assessment, document preparation, management advice, and exit interviews.
8. Assess the effectiveness and competitiveness of compensation plans on an ongoing basis, including base compensation, variable pay, and stock. Administer pay programs to ensure internal and external equity. Recommend and implement compensation programs that support Fathom’s ability to attract and retain top talent.
9. Work with benefits brokers and vendors to determine best approach for the employee population and to implement competitive benefits programs.
10. Manage the time reporting process. Communicate regularly with managers and employees regarding status, policy, and legal obligations.
11. Accomplish special projects by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities, communicating and coordinating requirements, evaluating optional courses of action, expediting fulfillment, and evaluating milestone accomplishments.
12. Maintain employee personnel records in confidential manner, ensuring compliance with regulations.
13. Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
14. Work closely with payroll representative to ensure proper pay practices.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Psychology, Business, or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered.
10+ years of progressive experience in human resources management that includes all major areas of HR and working as an HR business partner for at least 4 years. Two years of progressive leadership experience. Experience building HR infrastructure in a growing organization.
License or Certification:
Specific training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations preferred.PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP preferred.
Strong knowledge of employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organizational development, employee relations, employee engagement, and employee development. Knowledge of the real estate industry preferred.
Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and coaching skills. Excellent organizational management skills. Good computer skills using standard business software.
Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the management team at all levels. Ability to practice and coach managers with a high level of confidentiality.
Special Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Work in an office environment using a computer for a significant amount of time. Operate office equipment regularly. Bend, reach, squat, kneel and lift up to 20 pounds occasionally. Travel by personal and public transportation occasionally, including overnight.